• 1 Post By Lawson Raider

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 9 Old 10-13-2019, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

(Thread Starter)
Hero 8 black issued

People think the look is issued and a flaw while I ask gopro about this and sure enough they say its glass fiber layering. for strength. or is it? the left hand does not talk to the right hand.

you own one you show one. You think the Protective film was left on??

a Slow site is joining and leaving lets make this a better site by staying around and participating.Vsit my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[B]& Youtube channel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

helpful in ways you never know. forgive my working hands I make mistakes...

Last edited by Fish; 10-13-2019 at 08:13 PM. Reason: added left on protective film.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 10-13-2019, 08:05 PM

Mine got shipped Fri or Sat - so hoping by mid week will have it and will post up pics of mine.
Fish likes this.
post #3 of 9 Old 10-13-2019, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawson Raider View Post
Mine got shipped Fri or Sat - so hoping by mid week will have it and will post up pics of mine.
Awesome see if it has protective film wrapped around that is what the owners overlooked, I bet? lets me know how you like it ?

a Slow site is joining and leaving lets make this a better site by staying around and participating.Vsit my
[B]& Youtube channel

post #4 of 9 Old Yesterday, 01:57 PM

I got the Hero 8 in the mail yesterday and did not notice any protective film around it - the external surface is very smooth and feels a little cheaper than the 5, 6, and 7 - there is no rubberized coating on it. The built-in folding mounts feel on the cheap side too and you definitely want to be careful when mounting this as the legs do not lock in the open position when they are extended so if you force it down, I can see them snapping (at least they are replaceable). I wonder if you could still use the frame mount of the Hero 7 with it - the non rubberized exterior would actually be a blessing as the stock frame that came with the Hero7 Black was a huge pain in the butt when you wanted to remove the camera as it was toight.
Fish likes this.
post #5 of 9 Old Yesterday, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

(Thread Starter)
@Lawson Raider

congrat's Bud: the few that complained the photo more or less was really not doing justice. be so picky on it which I can understand their issue. Well we got no frame so they had to change the body, if the clips do not lock on the opening , they do not lock on the closing, and people are saying I can not open the bat door. simple slide fully down...

Yes lighter badder and BETTER. you can get a case for it I am sure that will be for the Media Mod and sure some one and made a aluminum case, will be hte way to go. Think like @Jateman said Works perfect the Hero 7 no need to update...

[B]& Youtube channel

Last edited by Fish; Yesterday at 03:58 PM.
post #6 of 9 Old Yesterday, 03:43 PM
Contributing Member

@lawson thats what i expected, im sticking with my hero 7 thank you

Gopro Hero 7 Black
Gopro Hero 3 Black

Previously: Gopro Hero 5 Black / Gopro Hero 3+ Silver / Feiyu G5 gimbal / Xiaomi Mijia 4k

Instagram: boznoz_89
post #7 of 9 Old Yesterday, 06:02 PM

Fish likes this.
post #8 of 9 Old Today, 08:16 AM

Did a 4K / 60fps continuous bench test record and after 30 min, the camera was hot enough to burn your fingers - just like the Hero 7 Black.... so...if you use 4K - try not to record for long periods of time.
Fish likes this.
post #9 of 9 Old Today, 09:40 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

(Thread Starter)
Was the lens area the hot part still and the bottom base cooler?

[B]& Youtube channel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List