post #1 of 13 Old 08-14-2019, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

(Thread Starter)
hero 8 Black leaked

GoPro Hero 8 Photos Leaked, Will Shoot 4K Video at 120fps: Report
AUG 14, 2019

Some GoPro Hero 8 camera rumors coming from China:

Announcement in September, 2019
New design with optional housing and new accessroeis (mic, LED light, screen, etc)
GP2 chip
4K video at 120fps, full HD video at 480 fps
Improved lens and image quality
12MP asaensor (not confirmed)

Read more: https://photorumors.com/2019/08/14/g...#ixzz5wcKn4ulm

As we near the middle of August, Photo Rumors has secured a set of leaked specifications and images for the rumored GoPro Hero8. Apparently, the redesigned action cam will sport several new accessories and the ability to shoot 4K video at 120fps.

The rumor site published its latest findings just a few hours ago, sourcing these rumors to China.

According to their report, the Hero8 will feature a new design with optional housing, the three accessories seen in the photo above—a microphone, an LED light and an external screen—an improved “GP2” processor, and the ability to shot 4K video at 120fps or Full HD at 480fps. The camera will allegedly be announced sometime in September.

The current GoPro Hero7 Black
Previous reports and comments by CEO Nick Woodman seem to support this leak. In May, Woodman said the company “is planning for a refreshed lineup at all price points,” and rumors that the Hero8 would use a new GP2 processor to deliver improved stabilization and imaging performance have been swirling for weeks.

Fortunately, we won’t have to wait long to see if these specs are accurate. The GoPro Hero8 and other offerings from the action cam maker are rumored to arrive sometime next month.

a Slow site is joining and leaving lets make this a better site by staying around and participating.Vsit my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[B]& Youtube channel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

helpful in ways you never know. forgive my working hands I make mistakes...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 08-14-2019, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

(Thread Starter)
going on instinct here:

1 hot shoe, like a Sony, slide the shoe in place makes a connection mic works. so now this will work for a LEd, and lcd screen, could have also did a ext mic that way but that leads to no 2.

2. external mic connects over port, and most liekly by the photo blocks out the usb power port. and guess its has to be in the frame or it will not hold in without a frame.

3. keeping to the screen size SMALL even the camera screen did not enlarge. well less screen less power used but added the pop up, going to use more power, a gain is a loss if asked.

4 for higher FPS I get a A Sony they are up to 900 plus fps but that is not a Action camera.

Is this going to be a 400.00 basic Camera or the accessories costing us more now, the good thing GoPro did , now cut the after market out with their frames. GP-2 chip can only mean better stabilization. Are you stoked. Like DJI not yet wait till all the bugs get squashed this time, People are crying GoPro copying DJI, sorry the pop up screen has been around since the Hero 2 goluck.

FISH my humble thoughts today.

a Slow site is joining and leaving lets make this a better site by staying around and participating.Vsit my
[B]& Youtube channel

post #3 of 13 Old 08-15-2019, 01:54 AM
Contributing Member

looks great, lets wait for some confirmations. Nice they would finally support accessories directly.

What might be that circle thing on upper left corner ? a Mic build into the frame? Nice idea, altought it will still cost arm and a leg
Fish likes this.

Gopro Hero 7 Black
Gopro Hero 3 Black

Previously: Gopro Hero 5 Black / Gopro Hero 3+ Silver / Feiyu G5 gimbal / Xiaomi Mijia 4k

Instagram: boznoz_89

post #4 of 13 Old 08-15-2019, 08:42 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boznoz View Post
looks great, lets wait for some confirmations. Nice they would finally support accessories directly.

What might be that circle thing on upper left corner ? a Mic build into the frame? Nice idea, altought it will still cost arm and a leg
Yup looks like a mic built into the frame.
The extra add-ons are likely to cost a fair bit too - interested to see how much the entire setup will cost in comparison to the OSMO Action, which has the front screen already.....
Fish likes this.

See my
Channel for GoPro Reviews & Tips!

post #5 of 13 Old 08-15-2019, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

(Thread Starter)
As we like ceertain camera's each camera accessory can be something you really have to think about. for example Sony Cybershots DSC-HX50B external mic cost $250.00 give or take. so yeah all about these accessories now and the camera fails to deliver. Happy i am with my H7B If DJI can deliver no lag I am not jumping ship I am picking one up. My personal needs and the machine I got won;t handle 4K higher fps something you must think about if I wanted slo mo like that I get a sony that delivers 9--fps and a 1 inch sensor action or not we use it again for our personal needs.

[B]& Youtube channel

post #6 of 13 Old 08-21-2019, 06:46 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

(Thread Starter)
As more photo and a video talking about has aired:

We had a timer, a 15, 30 sec instant capture ( I never use), now we have a Slow mo insta capture, and W = wind, would make seance because if you are in the wind and you have to go where to change the stereo? in Protunes, where it used to be where on the Hero 6 not there , (lol). Having higher fps in 4K again good luck, and not even sure if Linear in 4K? I feel GoPro went for fixes;

1 Win mic. threw some design on the front, and move the usb ports, placing a pin hole for the wind mic two holes one mic that lays on the front, where as the opening was on the side and bottom? taken the depth out of the lens protector and corrected that design as well? The battery door I bet was looked at, b/c the side port door I wonder if kept the same design but mirrored? Go through all that trouble, simply do the whole camera design over.

Compitition to DJI no. GoPro can not even listen to the Consumer and work on offering more stabilization, etc. they more or less copying DJI giving us now HDR lighting as they got, so GoPro is fast to the table on getting a product out but yet perfecting it. these are my opinions and how I think what gopro could have done.

I will be waiting for the first lott to sink, the second lott to float to shore, and by then walk off.. History with goPro repeats itself more to often.

FISH

but like a epedemic we all want one

[B]& Youtube channel

post #7 of 13 Old 08-21-2019, 04:30 PM
Contributing Member

considering a lot of people are picking the Hero 7 over the DJI, the Hero 8 can only make the decision to go GoPro easier
post #8 of 13 Old 08-21-2019, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

(Thread Starter)
it is like the Hero 5 to the Hero 6, now it is the hero 7 to the Hero 8. .

[B]& Youtube channel

post #9 of 13 Old 08-22-2019, 03:46 AM
BML

Maybe their Quick or Studio software won't suck as badly as it does now, we can only hope.
Fish likes this.
post #10 of 13 Old 09-05-2019, 06:42 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

(Thread Starter)
GoPro has now a folding into the camera the mount. and hte battery door to the side where the front lcd is and removable or if not a bluetoothed ext mic. I bet the door is removable and now OPENS for Desaster for all that complain about dust getting in water for timelapse and more

[B]& Youtube channel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List