Not open for further replies.

hero 8 Black leaked

7K views 37 replies 8 participants last post by  Fish 
#1 ·
GoPro Hero 8 Photos Leaked, Will Shoot 4K Video at 120fps: Report
AUG 14, 2019

Some GoPro Hero 8 camera rumors coming from China:

Announcement in September, 2019
New design with optional housing and new accessroeis (mic, LED light, screen, etc)
GP2 chip
4K video at 120fps, full HD video at 480 fps
Improved lens and image quality
12MP asaensor (not confirmed)

Read more: https://photorumors.com/2019/08/14/gopro-hero-8-camera-rumors/#ixzz5wcKn4ulm

As we near the middle of August, Photo Rumors has secured a set of leaked specifications and images for the rumored GoPro Hero8. Apparently, the redesigned action cam will sport several new accessories and the ability to shoot 4K video at 120fps.

The rumor site published its latest findings just a few hours ago, sourcing these rumors to China.

According to their report, the Hero8 will feature a new design with optional housing, the three accessories seen in the photo above—a microphone, an LED light and an external screen—an improved “GP2” processor, and the ability to shot 4K video at 120fps or Full HD at 480fps. The camera will allegedly be announced sometime in September.

The current GoPro Hero7 Black
Previous reports and comments by CEO Nick Woodman seem to support this leak. In May, Woodman said the company “is planning for a refreshed lineup at all price points,” and rumors that the Hero8 would use a new GP2 processor to deliver improved stabilization and imaging performance have been swirling for weeks.

Fortunately, we won’t have to wait long to see if these specs are accurate. The GoPro Hero8 and other offerings from the action cam maker are rumored to arrive sometime next month.

See less See more
#2 ·
going on instinct here:

1 hot shoe, like a Sony, slide the shoe in place makes a connection mic works. so now this will work for a LEd, and lcd screen, could have also did a ext mic that way but that leads to no 2.

2. external mic connects over port, and most liekly by the photo blocks out the usb power port. and guess its has to be in the frame or it will not hold in without a frame.

3. keeping to the screen size SMALL even the camera screen did not enlarge. well less screen less power used but added the pop up, going to use more power, a gain is a loss if asked.

4 for higher FPS I get a A Sony they are up to 900 plus fps but that is not a Action camera.

Is this going to be a 400.00 basic Camera or the accessories costing us more now, the good thing GoPro did , now cut the after market out with their frames. GP-2 chip can only mean better stabilization. Are you stoked. Like DJI not yet wait till all the bugs get squashed this time, People are crying GoPro copying DJI, sorry the pop up screen has been around since the Hero 2 goluck.

FISH my humble thoughts today.

#3 ·
looks great, lets wait for some confirmations. Nice they would finally support accessories directly.

What might be that circle thing on upper left corner ? a Mic build into the frame? Nice idea, altought it will still cost arm and a leg

Reactions: Fish
#5 ·
As we like ceertain camera's each camera accessory can be something you really have to think about. for example Sony Cybershots DSC-HX50B external mic cost $250.00 give or take. so yeah all about these accessories now and the camera fails to deliver. Happy i am with my H7B If DJI can deliver no lag I am not jumping ship I am picking one up. My personal needs and the machine I got won;t handle 4K higher fps something you must think about if I wanted slo mo like that I get a sony that delivers 9--fps and a 1 inch sensor action or not we use it again for our personal needs.

#6 ·
As more photo and a video talking about has aired:

We had a timer, a 15, 30 sec instant capture ( I never use), now we have a Slow mo insta capture, and W = wind, would make seance because if you are in the wind and you have to go where to change the stereo? in Protunes, where it used to be where on the Hero 6 not there , (lol). Having higher fps in 4K again good luck, and not even sure if Linear in 4K? I feel GoPro went for fixes;

1 Win mic. threw some design on the front, and move the usb ports, placing a pin hole for the wind mic two holes one mic that lays on the front, where as the opening was on the side and bottom? taken the depth out of the lens protector and corrected that design as well? The battery door I bet was looked at, b/c the side port door I wonder if kept the same design but mirrored? Go through all that trouble, simply do the whole camera design over.

Compitition to DJI no. GoPro can not even listen to the Consumer and work on offering more stabilization, etc. they more or less copying DJI giving us now HDR lighting as they got, so GoPro is fast to the table on getting a product out but yet perfecting it. these are my opinions and how I think what gopro could have done.

I will be waiting for the first lott to sink, the second lott to float to shore, and by then walk off.. History with goPro repeats itself more to often.

FISH

but like a epedemic we all want one

#14 ·
As more photo and a video talking about has aired:

We had a timer, a 15, 30 sec instant capture ( I never use),

FISH

but like a epedemic we all want one
What's funny, for those that never use this feature and hate the Quik application, these two things go hand in hand perfectly.

Here is the deal. If you record all day long at an event, or trail ride etc. You pop 15-30 second clips all day of the short bursts of action you want. Rather than sift through hours of footage, or hope the Quik app does that for you, this is how you do it.

Now the Quik app has piles of 15-30 second clips. It can process them fast, find faces, find action etc and throw together a quik edit in record time. And if you are choosing the short clips, most of the work is done, rather than recording all day and hoping you end up with enough battery.

This is a great feature for many of us that guide on motorcycle or snowmobile hoping to catch some action. Then spend all night sifting through it. tags work as well, but this feature cuts down on battery needs.

Good luck all.

#10 ·
GoPro has now a folding into the camera the mount. and hte battery door to the side where the front lcd is and removable or if not a bluetoothed ext mic. I bet the door is removable and now OPENS for Desaster for all that complain about dust getting in water for timelapse and more

#12 ·
Thats the point, people praise the DJI without realizing this. Gopro can enable such option on their devices with a flick of their fingers if they wanted to, its not like DJI came up with revolutionary thing.

#13 ·
DJI is just a Wide angle camera like GoPro both can Crop, Digitally stabilize. As well your Editing software mobile Apps to desktop. A Person made a App for the Yi that gives a better EIS then the Actual camera. And that said it can be all the firmware that allows them to like Boznoz said a click of a check box. And maybe the Insta 360 Go camera uses the App software to do their EIS as like the GoPro Fusion did via the studio App.

As the camera leak is days away, and yet no Count down love how we all wait and spread the luv.

FISH

#16 ·
i found that quickcapture ignores the 15/30sec limit , so you are better off just using the quickcapture and saving the battery this way, shooting only when something interesting pops up

#17 ·
Imagine if the Hero 8 has t he option to se the 15 sc to any time you want then that besoomething otehrwie like you said shoot what you like

#18 ·
Theres no buzz, or no excitement, about GoPro releases any more. At least that's what I think - certainly not like there used to be.....
Honestly, I feel no excitement at all. I'm more interested to see the accessories then the camera itself!

#19 ·
well from what i have seen so far, changes will be not worth the upgrade.

even if they do release accessories , they will be still overpriced as it was with the audio adapter.

for light, you can buy metal cage with hotshoe mount and use any cheap chinese light for fraction of the price. Built-in gopro mount is stupid idea imho, it will be just a moving part that might break.

lets wait and see, two more days

Reactions: Ifti and Fish
#20 ·
Well, you guys are seeing the light. Sadly, Gopro isn't listening to the user base any more today than they have for the past 3 iterations, it appears. And if that's the case, they're going to lose more market share.

I still think it's really telling that they haven't understood they're in a limited niche and there are broader markets in video cameras out there that they don't seem to care to tap.

I don't mean to say that nothing they have done is an improvement, because they have improved. EIS for one, and for those of you who just must have higher frame rates they're making you happier a little bit at a time.

So I see that going over to the 360 market, not for the goggle/gaming reasons, but for simply really useful and more versatile life/action cameras, is the place to keep looking for the innovations. Heresy? Not really. Go look at the Insta360 OneX for an elegantly executed and eminently usable design. IMHO, YMMV and all that jazz.

#22 ·
So I noticed a scratch on my H7B and here is a first shot in one's hands not mine and looks like BYE BYE go-Pro

we say that but until confirmatinon a plus pkg is where gopro wins, you pay!

Unless a gopro Platnium comes Out ha ha ha

#23 ·
$479. Believe I said $449 and that is going to be a set price. So now the question is who is going to jump at it at $479 and the 30 days later the camera goes on Sale for Black Friday $50.00 less and a free SDXC card. History to repeatitself

#30 · (Edited)
I bet they end up with a glass lens cover that cant be changed, but market it as 'super toughened and scratch proof glass' or something similar.
This is supposed to be an action camera. Cameras that are put through some of the harshest environments around, so Im sorry, but a 'scratch resistant' glass lens cover just won't cut it.
Hoping there is some easy way to replace it.....

EDIT : More pics. Looks like a sealed lens cover Im afraid. And a front facing mic....

#31 ·
WHy put a Mic on the front and a wind mic no less Lol

October 1st is not tomorrow Monday so Tuesday we will see. talk is talk At least the DJI Osmo Action went up to $379.00 not good due to tarrifs

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.