initial thoughts - Page 4 - GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support
 6Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #31 of 42 Old 10-02-2018, 01:39 AM
Contributing Member
 
Boznoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Europe
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmarcy View Post
GoPro batteries are so good and so cheap I am not sure why so many refuse to use them.

I've had great results with them and suggest using real.

Good Luck to ya

;-)

they arent that cheap, at least not where i live. one costs around 30 euro, i ordered a set of 2 batts and external charger for 20 from china. and they provide the same battery life.

Even if 7 wouldnt accept them, i can still use the original from 5 in 7 and keep the aftermarket ones for 5 tho
Ifti likes this.

Gopro Hero 7 Black
Gopro Hero 3 Black

Gopro Hero 5 Black / Gopro Hero 3+ Silver / Feiyu G5 gimbal - Sold

Instagram: boznoz_89
Boznoz is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 42 Old 10-02-2018, 07:25 AM
Administrator
 
Ifti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boznoz View Post
they arent that cheap, at least not where i live. one costs around 30 euro, i ordered a set of 2 batts and external charger for 20 from china. and they provide the same battery life.

Even if 7 wouldnt accept them, i can still use the original from 5 in 7 and keep the aftermarket ones for 5 tho
The 7 has accepted any 3rd party battery Ive tried so far......

See my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Channel for GoPro Reviews & Tips!

Ifti is offline  
post #33 of 42 Old 10-02-2018, 09:15 AM
Contributing Member
 
Boznoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Europe
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifti View Post
The 7 has accepted any 3rd party battery Ive tried so far......
great news, thank you for clarification

Gopro Hero 7 Black
Gopro Hero 3 Black

Gopro Hero 5 Black / Gopro Hero 3+ Silver / Feiyu G5 gimbal - Sold

Instagram: boznoz_89
Boznoz is online now  
 
post #34 of 42 Old 10-04-2018, 06:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmarcy View Post
GoPro batteries are so good and so cheap I am not sure why so many refuse to use them.

I've had great results with them and suggest using real.

Good Luck to ya

;-)

**Prices from Amazon**

$17 for a GoPro battery
$49.00 for a GoPro Dual Charger
$66.00 total for 2 GoPro batteries and a Dual Charger.


$20.00 for a Smatree Triple Charger with 2 batteries.


That's why folks go with Smatree or Wasabi batteries.
Fish likes this.
Lawson Raider is offline  
post #35 of 42 Old 10-04-2018, 06:51 PM
Valued Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawson Raider View Post
**Prices from Amazon**

$17 for a GoPro battery
$49.00 for a GoPro Dual Charger
$66.00 total for 2 GoPro batteries and a Dual Charger.


$20.00 for a Smatree Triple Charger with 2 batteries.


That's why folks go with Smatree or Wasabi batteries.
Some have way more time than I do?

I just use *genuine* GoPro mounts, batteries, and ONLY genuine microSD cards on GoPros approved list.

Guess what? I avoid 99% of the problems others seem to run into endlessly until they sell their camera at a loss if they have not yet thrown it off a cliff.

Easier, cheaper in my opinion.
Ifti likes this.
sjmarcy is offline  
post #36 of 42 Old 10-05-2018, 07:49 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmarcy View Post
Some have way more time than I do?

I just use *genuine* GoPro mounts, batteries, and ONLY genuine microSD cards on GoPros approved list.

Guess what? I avoid 99% of the problems others seem to run into endlessly until they sell their camera at a loss if they have not yet thrown it off a cliff.

Easier, cheaper in my opinion.

I do use official GoPro SD Cards but have not had any problem with using Wasabi and Smatree batteries in any of my GoPro's. Of course, others experiences may vary but as far as me I have been having good results from them.
Ifti likes this.
Lawson Raider is offline  
post #37 of 42 Old 10-05-2018, 09:53 AM
Valued Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawson Raider View Post
I do use official GoPro SD Cards but have not had any problem with using Wasabi and Smatree batteries in any of my GoPro's. Of course, others experiences may vary but as far as me I have been having good results from them.
Generally, the real batteries last a little bit longer (they used to say).

As GoPro are not known for astonishing battery life that may be a plus too (pun).
sjmarcy is offline  
post #38 of 42 Old 10-05-2018, 02:19 PM
Senior Member
 
biff.org's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Dilworth, MN
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmarcy View Post
Generally, the real batteries last a little bit longer (they used to say).

As GoPro are not known for astonishing battery life that may be a plus too (pun).
Generally, when comparing the same mAh rating, they perform alike. Most of the third party batteries I have tested for these companies go out of their way to develop a battery with just lightly more mAh rating, so that they perform as good or better than the GoPro batteries. When comparing apples to apples, they last alike.

The GP 8 stock battery, Wasabi GP7 and the Smatree GP 5,6,7 batteries are all 1220mAh. Ailuki's are 1490mAh.

This only comes from running my cams in pretty extreme cold where we cycle batteries multiple times per day.

Good luck,
biff.org is offline  
post #39 of 42 Old 10-05-2018, 02:49 PM
Valued Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by biff.org View Post
Generally, when comparing the same mAh rating, they perform alike. Most of the third party batteries I have tested for these companies go out of their way to develop a battery with just lightly more mAh rating, so that they perform as good or better than the GoPro batteries. When comparing apples to apples, they last alike.

The GP 8 stock battery, Wasabi GP7 and the Smatree GP 5,6,7 batteries are all 1220mAh. Ailuki's are 1490mAh.

This only comes from running my cams in pretty extreme cold where we cycle batteries multiple times per day.

Good luck,
Perhaps you'll have better luck than the kid in this video.

Ailuki battery wedged in oh-so-tight. Then stuck hard in his Hero 6.

About mid-video, you can watch him try to shake it out and finally gouge it out with a tool (which finally works). Hope his camera was not also damaged.

No thanks.


Last edited by sjmarcy; 10-05-2018 at 02:51 PM.
sjmarcy is offline  
post #40 of 42 Old 10-06-2018, 10:35 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 64
I have used only SmaTree and Wasabi 3rd party batteries since my Hero 3 days. I usually stick with brands I have had good working history with.
Fish likes this.
Lawson Raider is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










User Tag List

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
gopro hero hwbl1 very first initial charge question. Shawn Hill GoPro Original & Hero 2 9 08-25-2017 03:41 PM
Battery Life - some initial data HaroldCo GoPro Hero 3, 3+ & 4 13 02-16-2013 09:03 AM
Initial GoPro3 update trouble.... Danny True GoPro Hero 3, 3+ & 4 14 12-28-2012 05:17 PM
Thoughts on my first Slow Motion Video? gopromalibu General video , photos and Other 0 04-26-2012 04:01 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome