Turn off audio recording capabilities - GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By KreamCheaz
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 Old 12-03-2016, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1
(Thread Starter)
Turn off audio recording capabilities

How can I completely turn off the audio recording capabilities of the hero 5?
tpvp is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 12-03-2016, 05:52 PM
Contributing Member
 
KreamCheaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 784
Hi tpvp,

There is no feature on the GoPro to disable audio, you can however either disable audio in your editing software after importing your clip or you can plug a microphone into the gopro and turning it off during recording thus tricking the camera to think there is no audio.

Cheers,
KreamCheaz
KreamCheaz is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 12-03-2016, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator
 
Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Apple
Posts: 8,878
go into protunes and audio is rightthere high, med, low and off
@KreamCheaz @tpvp

I and Ifti own a Hero 5, Kreamcheaz and Dr. Z do not own yet a hero 5


a Slow site is joining and leaving lets make this a better site by staying around and participating.Vsit my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[B]& Youtube channel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

helpful in ways you never know. forgive my working hands I make mistakes...

Last edited by Fish; 12-03-2016 at 10:07 PM.
Fish is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 Old 12-03-2016, 10:34 PM
Contributing Member
 
KreamCheaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 784
oh nice so they added that feature! Does protune needs to be turned on to work? @Fish

Cheers,
KreamCheaz
KreamCheaz is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 12-03-2016, 10:44 PM
Super Moderator
 
Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Apple
Posts: 8,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by KreamCheaz View Post
oh nice so they added that feature! Does protune needs to be turned on to work? @Fish
Yes it must be on to enable the audio options. I will tell you this I do not see the diffrence in High med low of the audio, just came back from a concert and wanted to hear the diffrence in protunes. maybe the music I went to was too loud?

I agree with your post above, but the Hero 5 has the options.

a Slow site is joining and leaving lets make this a better site by staying around and participating.Vsit my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[B]& Youtube channel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

helpful in ways you never know. forgive my working hands I make mistakes...
Fish is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 12-03-2016, 11:00 PM
Contributing Member
 
KreamCheaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Yes it must be on to enable the audio options. I will tell you this I do not see the diffrence in High med low of the audio, just came back from a concert and wanted to hear the diffrence in protunes. maybe the music I went to was too loud?

I agree with your post above, but the Hero 5 has the options.

Hey Fish,

I just read about it in the manual and it doesn't actually disable the audio available in the video file, it has to do with RAW audio wav file, read this from the manual

RAW Audio
This setting applies only to the Video capture mode and creates a
separate .wav file for your video, in addition to the standard .mp4 audio
track. You can select the level of processing to apply to the RAW audio
track. This setting is useful if you want a separate .wav file to share or use
in post-processing.

Options
Low
Applies minimal processing. Ideal if you apply
audio processing in post-production.
Med
Applies processing based on the Manual
Audio Control setting (wind and/or stereo). If
Manual Audio Control is turned off, the camera
automatically switches between wind filtering
and stereo audio.
High
Applies full audio processing (automatic gain and
AAC encoding).

PRO TIP:
Audio files in .wav format are captured in the same location
and with the same file name as .mp4 files. To access them, insert your
microSD card into a card reader and locate the files with your computerís
file explorer.
Fish likes this.

Cheers,
KreamCheaz
KreamCheaz is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 12-04-2016, 06:54 AM
Super Moderator
 
Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Apple
Posts: 8,878
@Kreeamcheaz, you stand correct and I apologize for not being clear? the OP will then hav ethat option, I guess he wants more space by not recording sound. and using protune's will creata and use more space ?

edit mute render not hard. your editor does a great job




Quote:
Originally Posted by KreamCheaz View Post
Hey Fish,

I just read about it in the manual and it doesn't actually disable the audio available in the video file, it has to do with RAW audio wav file, read this from the manual

RAW Audio
This setting applies only to the Video capture mode and creates a
separate .wav file for your video, in addition to the standard .mp4 audio
track. You can select the level of processing to apply to the RAW audio
track. This setting is useful if you want a separate .wav file to share or use
in post-processing.

Options
Low
Applies minimal processing. Ideal if you apply
audio processing in post-production.
Med
Applies processing based on the Manual
Audio Control setting (wind and/or stereo). If
Manual Audio Control is turned off, the camera
automatically switches between wind filtering
and stereo audio.
High
Applies full audio processing (automatic gain and
AAC encoding).

PRO TIP:
Audio files in .wav format are captured in the same location
and with the same file name as .mp4 files. To access them, insert your
microSD card into a card reader and locate the files with your computerís
file explorer.

a Slow site is joining and leaving lets make this a better site by staying around and participating.Vsit my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[B]& Youtube channel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

helpful in ways you never know. forgive my working hands I make mistakes...
Fish is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










User Tag List

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question about audio recording Whosyourthaddy GoPro General Discussions 1 11-26-2016 06:16 AM
Gopro Freezes, Stops Recording, and Does not turn on!? charp GoPro Service Corner 1 08-07-2015 06:01 PM
recording audio flhxtommy GoPro Hero 3, 3+ & 4 3 10-12-2014 06:45 AM
Audio recording Fatboy206 Video Editing Software 0 06-07-2014 07:24 AM
Wifi will start a recording but won't turn it off... crnawolfman GoPro Hero 3, 3+ & 4 4 01-15-2013 08:32 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome