Join Date: Nov 2012
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
theirs already been a few camera's that are better on paper than a GoPro, but just never are when it comes to the real world
i'm guessing the above comparison is from Yi, i'd be very interested if you can prove its 2hr battery life is right
1. Do you think it is fair to compare as a hero 4 Silver to the Yi 2 4K, due to the lcd screens? And then it would clearly put to shame the Hero 4 Silver? Seems the Yi is the leader to the Market with their version now, putting pressure to Gopro to get their version out?
I wonder if GoPro 's next camera is going to be with a sessions armor and a lcd screen?
2 Yi 2 4K with gopro One button capture, does the Yi 2 4K do the same, does it use the top button for recording?
3. Some of the video I seen are Warm? one nighttime video resembled the Kodaks night shot, golden,
4. with a pair of gloves, knowing the retina won't pick up, with special gloves?
5. Height wise to the T or is it off by a cm. Y is working and most lily have their Gimbal out soon?
6. Do you need to use the App to run the camera, you can change all setting by the camera alone 100%?
7. the files are >mov if I am not mistaken for video?
1. No. Its fair to compare the YI 4K with the Hero 4 Black, not the silver, since the YI 4K has all the same features of the Black - ie. 4K/30fps recording, same burst modes, and so on. Its using a newer chipset then the Hero 4 Black too, so runs cooler overall. As we know, it also has a screen at the same time. It far exceeds the Hero 4 Silver and is in direct competition with the Hero 4 Black in my opinion.
2. I haven't checked for one button capture to be honest. I don't think there is an option for it. The top button is pressed once to switch camera on, and then once to start capture - saying that, it does power up a lot quicker then the GoPro in the first place, so even with a double tap to start recording its probably just as quick as the GoPro.
3. A new Flat mode is now available, with adjustable sharpness settings, just like Protune - so you can now tweak the video so its just like you want it
4. The same as a smartphone I guess - so gloves would hinder the ability to operate the display. At the same time, so would using the camera in a waterproof housing, which is a downside.
5. The width of the camera is slightly different to the GoPro. Its lighter overall, but also feels cheaper then a GoPro. Don't think it would fit in GoPro gimbals, but I'm sure there will be some kind of adapter available soon making it compatible - just like the Session adapters making the Session compatible with many gimbals etc.
6. No. I very rarely used the app with my GoPros, and I don't use the app with the YI either. Just like the GoPro, everything can be done on camera. I find it a lot easier!
7. Very similar to GoPro, with a low resolution file for use within the app, and then the full resolution file to use while editing
Video review will be out in the next 1-2 days!
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|VIDEO REVIEW - YI 4K Action Camera - The GoPro Killer!!||Ifti||Video Reviews||3||08-16-2016 11:40 AM|
|GoPro Killer||FrankieJames7||GoPro Hero 3, 3+ & 4||7||08-08-2013 05:47 PM|