Join Date: Apr 2013
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
GoPro have used the same shape for the last 4 evolution's (Hero 5, 6, Hero 2018 & the 7)
I'm an underwater videographer - a relatively tiny segment of the user base - so I doubt I'll get many of my wishlist items but here are a few of mine:
1) Better UI, ability to navigate all settings with buttons (through UW housing) on the color back screen, not the tiny monochrome front screen. We could do this on the Hero4.
2) 1" sensor, probably not gonna happen in an action cam though.
3) Custom white balance.
4) Lockable if not manual focus.
5) Linear mode available in all resolutions and frame rates.
6) Wireless charging to reduce need to open the UW housing as often. This is important for several reasons. One, every time you open the housing is a risk of making a mistake (hair on o-ring) to cause a catastrophic flood. Two, open housing in hot humid tropics then dropping into cool water causes condensation and fogging, beyond the ability of anti-fog inserts.
7) Include metadata in the video file to store camera settings used. Frame rate and resolution is easy to determine but what about Filed Of View, ProTune, White Balance, iSO, Shutter, etc.
8) Depth information, like Paralenz camera. Now I'm really dreaming so maybe this could be an add-on for the housing.
|gopro hero 8|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Question you may want answered by H7 owners||Fish||Hero 7 Black/Silver/White||1||09-28-2018 01:48 PM|
|My GoPro Hero 4 was broken by GoPro and now they want me to buy a new one||romanski||GoPro Hero 5 Session & Hero Session||5||06-30-2016 12:48 PM|
|WHy do you not want to get a gopro her0 4 Black & silver||Fish||GoPro Hero 3, 3+ & 4||2||10-06-2014 03:27 PM|
|What do you want for Hero 4?||fringe||GoPro Hero 3, 3+ & 4||2||09-25-2013 04:34 PM|