Hi I bought a GoPro 7 two days ago. A few questions? - Page 3 - GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support
 9Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 32 Old 09-30-2018, 09:30 PM
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furyan View Post
Hi, I bought it to replace my old fuji waterproof camera, as I wanted the steady shots, and the 4k @ 60fps was too good.

Now this is my first go pro. Can I get screen and lens protectors for it? And will older models suck as the 5 fit? They look like the same design specs. Also has anyone any idea how long a battery lasts recording at 4k 60fps? And how much recording time I'd get running at that with a 128gb memory card.

Big thanks to anyone who can help school a GoPro newb.

Yes you can find screen protectors and a lens cap. Never seen a lens protector. To be honest you wont need either, these things are built to be beat up.

As for battery time, the 7 just came out today, not sure how you got it two days ago, unless you live outside USA. So no one has posted the time yet, but most likely an hour 30 or so.

The time will show up on the screen for how much video will fit on your card.



Rodney
Instagram @X5rdman
Youtube x5rdman d https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIM...VXm8NTJEeCSQHg
X5rdman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 32 Old 10-02-2018, 02:23 PM
Senior Member
 
biff.org's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Dilworth, MN
Posts: 36
I love the fishing posts like this. Digging for info, but never responding.

I am thinking of some of the same questions for myself, but I was able to find the answers. After having Hero 3+ Black and Hero 4 Black models this will be my first of the next generation models (5,6,7)

So legit question is how have the 5,6 models held up without any additional protection? I know there are skins for them, but I am used to my 3/4's being in cases except when on my gimbal.

I was amazed at the GoPro founder telling users the 7 will eliminate the need for Gimbal. As image stabilization is more then just smoothing movement. I have found my videos being much more cinematic when I was using a gimbal to eliminate the off angles from using a selfie stick.

I too will be doing some tests of the batteries from GoPro and from the chinese third parties that I test accessories for. We have snowmobile season coming up, and cold weather is when we burn batteries!

Good luck everyone that is taking delivery. Hopefully we will be seeing some show up from our trade ins over the past couple weeks. My Hero 3+ Black hit the Go Pro doorstep last Friday.
Fish likes this.
biff.org is offline  
post #23 of 32 Old 10-02-2018, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator
 
Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Apple
Posts: 8,756
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by biff.org View Post
I love the fishing posts like this. Digging for info, but never responding.

I am thinking of some of the same questions for myself, but I was able to find the answers. After having Hero 3+ Black and Hero 4 Black models this will be my first of the next generation models (5,6,7)

So legit question is how have the 5,6 models held up without any additional protection? I know there are skins for them, but I am used to my 3/4's being in cases except when on my gimbal.

I was amazed at the GoPro founder telling users the 7 will eliminate the need for Gimbal. As image stabilization is more then just smoothing movement. I have found my videos being much more cinematic when I was using a gimbal to eliminate the off angles from using a selfie stick.

I too will be doing some tests of the batteries from GoPro and from the chinese third parties that I test accessories for. We have snowmobile season coming up, and cold weather is when we burn batteries!

Good luck everyone that is taking delivery. Hopefully we will be seeing some show up from our trade ins over the past couple weeks. My Hero 3+ Black hit the Go Pro doorstep last Friday.
The Hero 5 6 7 newer body careful with ripping the rubber , my on/off is worn out (h5 only) (H6 good). Well for software wise machanical vs software that is preference at least we still can have both standard, Hypersmooth and machanical gimbal if asked.

a Slow site is joining and leaving lets make this a better site by staying around and participating.Vsit my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[B]& Youtube channel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

helpful in ways you never know. forgive my working hands I make mistakes...
Fish is offline  
 
post #24 of 32 Old 10-02-2018, 03:19 PM
Senior Member
 
biff.org's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Dilworth, MN
Posts: 36
I was actually surprised at how well some of the software stabilization is. One camera I had tested and reviewed was the Firefly 6s when it came out a couple years ago.

I knew it had a Gyro setting, but had not noticed how well it worked till I mounted in on the back of the rollcage on my Wildcat. In post production, i had noticed the down bars on the roll cage were moving in the frame, but the image was rock solid. Ahhh, the image stabilization was correcting the movement. As the camera was fixed to the roll cage. I was impressed. And from what I have seen of the Hero 7, it will be even better, but will never replace my Removu Gimbal for keeping the camera level.

As I am pulling video off my 4 black, I had to scrape off a bit of caked on mud/clay from our SXS trip this past weekend. Anyone worry about the lens on the front of the latest gen models? (5,6,7) I am amazed how many times I wipe a case with a wet thumb or glove on a daily runs in the woods.

Thanks guys!
biff.org is offline  
post #25 of 32 Old 10-03-2018, 01:38 AM
Contributing Member
 
Boznoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Europe
Posts: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by biff.org View Post
I was actually surprised at how well some of the software stabilization is. One camera I had tested and reviewed was the Firefly 6s when it came out a couple years ago.

I knew it had a Gyro setting, but had not noticed how well it worked till I mounted in on the back of the rollcage on my Wildcat. In post production, i had noticed the down bars on the roll cage were moving in the frame, but the image was rock solid. Ahhh, the image stabilization was correcting the movement. As the camera was fixed to the roll cage. I was impressed. And from what I have seen of the Hero 7, it will be even better, but will never replace my Removu Gimbal for keeping the camera level.

As I am pulling video off my 4 black, I had to scrape off a bit of caked on mud/clay from our SXS trip this past weekend. Anyone worry about the lens on the front of the latest gen models? (5,6,7) I am amazed how many times I wipe a case with a wet thumb or glove on a daily runs in the woods.

Thanks guys!
5/6/7 are pretty rugged but as with any electronics you should avoid hitting them too often. Front lens are easily removable and you can get another in case you scratch them. also there are protectors available from china, both for lens / display and silicone cases for added body protection

Gopro Hero 7 Black
Gopro Hero 3 Black

Previously: Gopro Hero 5 Black / Gopro Hero 3+ Silver / Feiyu G5 gimbal / Xiaomi Mijia 4k

Instagram: boznoz_89
Boznoz is online now  
post #26 of 32 Old 10-03-2018, 04:28 AM
Super Moderator
 
Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Apple
Posts: 8,756
Excluding the hero 7 white and silver front lens that are non removable.

a Slow site is joining and leaving lets make this a better site by staying around and participating.Vsit my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[B]& Youtube channel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

helpful in ways you never know. forgive my working hands I make mistakes...
Fish is offline  
post #27 of 32 Old 10-03-2018, 06:07 AM
Contributing Member
 
Boznoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Europe
Posts: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Excluding the hero 7 white and silver front lens that are non removable.
i honestly hope nobody falls for white and silver versions and they will discontinue that cr*p right away.
Nobody in their right mind (except for fandango who is collecting them) would ever buy those, when they can have slightly used 5 or 6 that offers so much more (you can even find them new if you look well enough)
p fandango likes this.

Gopro Hero 7 Black
Gopro Hero 3 Black

Previously: Gopro Hero 5 Black / Gopro Hero 3+ Silver / Feiyu G5 gimbal / Xiaomi Mijia 4k

Instagram: boznoz_89
Boznoz is online now  
post #28 of 32 Old 10-03-2018, 06:25 AM
Contributing Member
 
p fandango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boznoz View Post
i honestly hope nobody falls for white and silver versions and they will discontinue that cr*p right away.
Nobody in their right mind (except for fandango who is collecting them) would ever buy those, when they can have slightly used 5 or 6 that offers so much more (you can even find them new if you look well enough)
my white & silver have been put straight into storage, i haven't even bothered turning them on lol. I'm not sure why they even bothered with them, i've only ever seen adverts for the Black, why make 2 models your not even going to try & sell
Boznoz likes this.
p fandango is online now  
post #29 of 32 Old 10-03-2018, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator
 
Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Apple
Posts: 8,756
Well gopro should dump it agree and go with a Non-Waterproof one option for a super suit, and one waterproof one be done suckering people in they said use less hardware, use more your brain and listen to the Real people..

FISH

a Slow site is joining and leaving lets make this a better site by staying around and participating.Vsit my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[B]& Youtube channel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

helpful in ways you never know. forgive my working hands I make mistakes...
Fish is offline  
post #30 of 32 Old 10-04-2018, 07:51 PM
Senior Member
 
biff.org's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Dilworth, MN
Posts: 36
In the famous words of Ozzy, LET THE MADNESS BEGIN!!!

And yes, you are reading that right. A 200GB card will give you 6hrs of 1440 or 11hrs or 1080/60!!! WHAT!!! WOO WOO!!! Xmas in October and the snow is falling here in Minnesota!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3255.jpg (83.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3259.jpg (235.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3257.jpg (87.2 KB, 4 views)
Fish likes this.
biff.org is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










User Tag List

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Should I have to setup app WiFi every few days? JKCarter GoPro Hero 3, 3+ & 4 1 08-01-2016 05:36 PM
few questions about gopro hero 3+ david_rev GoPro Hero 3, 3+ & 4 4 02-17-2014 08:35 AM
Just purchased the GoPro and have a few questions observations Dante's Inferno GoPro Hero 3, 3+ & 4 1 01-26-2013 11:53 AM
help new go pro user! I got the hero 2 2 days ago. nygrocks GoPro Original & Hero 2 1 01-22-2012 10:50 PM
help new go pro user! I got the hero 2 2 days ago. nygrocks GoPro Original & Hero 2 0 01-22-2012 08:52 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome