Hero 3 Black to iPhone App connection - With new 12/14/2012 F/W update & GoPro App - GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 18 Old 12-14-2012, 05:35 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hero 3 Black to iPhone App connection - With new 12/14/2012 F/W update & GoPro App

I've just done the latest iPhone app update + the firmware update. Still can't seem to get the Hero3 Black to be recognized/discovered by the iPhone app?

I see the new GoProApp setting in the menu now so I have selected that. On the iPhone app goes "searching for a wifi gopro" == "no cameras connected"

Anyone had any success? Any pointers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 12-14-2012, 06:00 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
ok got it... Had forgotten my

ok got it...

Had forgotten my iPhone was already connected to my home wireless network. Had to make it forget this network and then connect it too the new GoPro network I created/setup when I did the GoPro firmware update. Then connected ok. Unfortunately manually have to connect back to my home network for my iPhone after this thereby dropping the connection with the GoPro (oh well).

You can't watch existing video's already recorded on your GoPro from your iPhone it seems then? I was hoping you would be able to do this. Wonder if GoPro can include this in a future upgrade?
post #3 of 18 Old 12-14-2012, 09:40 AM

Nope still not working

Nope still not working here.

Certain my camera has broken Wifi now.

It has the new app icon in menu but still cant see the network on my iphone and it still
will not pair with the Remote control either.

The RC netwrok can be seen by the iphone but nothing appears when I switch
on the Wifi on the camera.

Really cross now as my three phone calls to support assured me this
would fix all problems.

Now going to have to send it back and will not get it back for xmas.

post #4 of 18 Old 12-14-2012, 11:16 AM

Hi, i try to connect my gopro

Hi, i try to connect my gopro black edition ( i have the latest update fron today) and on my ipad mini, i must connect the wifi connection to the gopro, it asking me a password. Somebody know what is the password, is it a generic password ? Thanks
post #5 of 18 Old 12-14-2012, 11:55 AM

This is a bit dumb, but it

This is a bit dumb, but it seems that the only way to change the defaults on the WiFi setup is through the firmware update. Since I left all that information blank during the FW update, I now have defaults.

The default WPA passkey (password) is goprohero

I connected up with my H3 Black on my Android phone and it all worked. I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus running 4.1.1 .
post #6 of 18 Old 12-28-2012, 06:28 PM

Hi there, Got the Hero 3

Hi there,

Got the Hero 3 Black, ive gone to settings on my i phone 5, but its not finding the camera (the wireless is on with blue light flashing) can anyone help please ?
post #7 of 18 Old 12-28-2012, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Got to connect your iphone to

Got to connect your iphone to the GoPro wifi network it creates first. Have you done this?
post #8 of 18 Old 12-29-2012, 03:17 AM

No thats what im struggling

No thats what im struggling to do, my i phone doesn't pick it up
post #9 of 18 Old 03-21-2013, 06:28 PM

I have trouble launching the live view on my iPhone 4, for my Hero3 Black.

My iPad connected straight away, not a hitch.

My phone could see the hero but the app would not connect.
So, I made sure the iPhone & Hero3 had the most up to date firmware.
Still no joy.
Reset my network settings.
Still no joy.
Performed a full system reset on the phone.
Still no joy.
Reinstalled the app.
Still no joy.
Verified the settings on the phone compared to the iPad, nothing untoward there.
Scratched head lots.
Turned phone on to airplane mode, turned the WiFi on (selecting airplane mode switches it off) connected to the goPro WiFi on the phone - hey presto live view works.

Would like to know how to use the app without having to select airplane mode but it will do for the moment. My iPad is not 3G, so there may be a clue....
post #10 of 18 Old 04-13-2013, 04:03 PM

I ran the latest update where I also had do define the Wifi of my Hero 3 black.
iPhone finds my Hero3 and seems to connect (don't see a wifi symbol in the top status bar of my iPhone)
However: When I start the App, it doesn't seem it communicates with the Cam.
Tried all kind of things (made sure the Gopro is in Wifi-Phone mode, restarted the App, renewed the Wifi lease).
I keep getting the welcome/help screen when I choose Connect+Control in the App.
Am extremely frustrated!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List