difference in "Flat" and "Native" ? - GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dr. Z

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 06-02-2016, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
difference in "Flat" and "Native" ?

I am still learning about GoPro settings. But still have trouble understanding the "native" / "flat" parts, and the sharpness.

Why would anyone want to film with LOW sharpness?

And what really is the difference in the Flat for WB and
Native for color (instead of GoPro Color) ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-04-2016, 08:40 AM
Contributing Member

Hi Rob,

You can read more about the different settings here
https://gopro.com/support/articles/a...rols-explained

The main advantages with going with "Low" sharpness, "Flat" color and "Native" setting for WB is that it gives you more flexibility in post production where you can do the adjustments then.

Kareem

Cheers,
KreamCheaz
post #3 of 5 Old 06-04-2016, 04:30 PM
Contributing Member

As Kareem said, most people that edit in high end editing software will use sharpening and focus in the program and also do color grading in their editing software as well. Using Flat allows more flexibility in getting the colors to look the way you want them instead of having to accept presets.

KreamCheaz likes this.

Cheers,
Charlie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 Old 06-05-2016, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Ok, so as far as GoPro Studio goes, Flat and native doesn't make much of a difference?

I have been running tests and can't really tell anything. The most obvious things are ISO 200-400-800 (darker to lighter) and WB 3500-5000-6500 ( blue- normal - yellow).
post #5 of 5 Old 06-06-2016, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

As my Sis takes her b & w photos and adds her own color. she a Pro photoghapher.

for Protunes its settings a fancy word for the additional settings.. you Shoot in FLAT add your color , I may not like it cause I see differently than you

Protune gopro again another fancy word. fool with it always changes due t lighting

a Slow site is joining and leaving lets make this a better site by staying around and participating.Vsit my
[B]& Youtube channel

helpful in ways you never know. forgive my working hands I make mistakes...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List