Time lapse and iPhone - GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 12 Old 04-17-2016, 02:10 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Time lapse and iPhone

I hate being that guy but I can't seem to get anywhere. What happened to GoPro I was once able to make a time lapse video then upload it to my phone. Now all of a sudden after I updated my camera and phone. I am not able to do so. Can someone explain this cause GoPro made me feel like I was crazy and that you've never been able to but... I have the time lapse videos on my phone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 04-17-2016, 07:12 AM
Super Moderator

Explain once was able to make video & upload to phone? and now you have on phone??????

a Slow site is joining and leaving lets make this a better site by staying around and participating.Vsit my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[B]& Youtube channel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

helpful in ways you never know. forgive my working hands I make mistakes...
post #3 of 12 Old 04-17-2016, 10:08 AM
Contributing Member

It's possible your phone's firmware update broke the process. Maybe delete and reinstall the app, re-pair and try again.

Cheers,
Charlie

Last edited by Dr. Z; 04-17-2016 at 02:38 PM.

post #4 of 12 Old 04-17-2016, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

The SE or BE (Silver edition or Black edition)

timelapse can be found in the video Mode by changing the video to timelapse for a Automatic v photo video.

when you are in the Smartphones App gopro, you find this through your Playback and send to the camera roll. By simply pressing on the playback clip, and choosing the bottom four icons one is a save to camera roll.

FISH

a Slow site is joining and leaving lets make this a better site by staying around and participating.Vsit my
[B]& Youtube channel

post #5 of 12 Old 04-17-2016, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Explain once was able to make video & upload to phone? and now you have on phone??????
I made a couple time lapse videos and was able to upload them via GoPro app onto my iPhone. Now when I do it I get a message saying my phone in not capable of doing it.
post #6 of 12 Old 04-17-2016, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
The SE or BE (Silver edition or Black edition)

timelapse can be found in the video Mode by changing the video to timelapse for a Automatic v photo video.

when you are in the Smartphones App gopro, you find this through your Playback and send to the camera roll. By simply pressing on the playback clip, and choosing the bottom four icons one is a save to camera roll.

FISH
Finding it's not the issue. It's the uploading it. I guess what I am asking is if anyone knows why this change occurred

Basically they've made it so you can only upload the videos onto a computer and not your phone, unless there's something I need to do to my phone
post #7 of 12 Old 04-17-2016, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

Just trying to understand the question at hand time lapse can you do this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBXD...ature=youtu.be

not punning anyone

So what I am understanding the Video mode Timelapse 4K are a video, and they are uploading as a still image not a video correct????

[B]& Youtube channel

Last edited by Fish; 04-17-2016 at 11:47 AM.
post #8 of 12 Old 04-17-2016, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
This is the message I get when I try to upload
Attached Images
File Type: png image_1460909244037.png (320.1 KB, 8 views)
post #9 of 12 Old 04-17-2016, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Z View Post
It's possible you phones firmware update broke the process. Maybe delete and reinstall the app, re-pair and try again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCHAFF View Post
This is the message I get when I try to upload
Gotcha

I (Fish) can playback a 4Kvideo,but I(Fish) can not upload of fhe camera a 4Kvideo to the Iphone, if a member who owns a Iphone 6 Plus a 4K camera can verify , other than that, it has to be done via a Puter, or camera adapter with an Iphone 6 or older not 4K.

[B]& Youtube channel

post #10 of 12 Old 04-17-2016, 02:40 PM
Contributing Member

THESE are the Gopro App supported resolutions. How long has it been (until now) since you tried to preview or view your vid's on your phone?

Cheers,
Charlie

Last edited by Dr. Z; 04-17-2016 at 02:42 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List