8 Days in Central America and this happens - GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 16 Old 04-15-2013, 08:31 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
8 Days in Central America and this happens

While backpacking Central America, I recorded over 500 (10 sec clips)

Hero 3 black edition, kept freezing everytime I would turn it on. This made filming frustrating and very difficult. the only way to reset was to take out the battery and try again. even then it would only work after taking the battery at least 3 times or so.

Any solutions to this...

Here is the final video:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 04-26-2013, 06:47 PM

Hey man, I had the same problem! Very frustrating! Make sure all your firmware is updated. However, this did not fix the problem for me. I called GoPro they asked me like 5 questions and told me to send back the camera. I was still under warrenty and in 5 days I had a new Pro, and its worked fine since.

Best of luck on your travels!
post #3 of 16 Old 04-27-2013, 05:51 AM

Awesome video! What a great idea to take loads of short pieces of footage and piece them together, it worked really well.

I have the same camera and recently did a huge motorcycle road trip. I had the same issue from time to time along the way. Very annoying to have to remove helmet, then camera from case, then battery and then put it all back again before I could film. Thankfully it did not happen very often. I will have to see if it continues. The camera is only a few months old!

post #4 of 16 Old 04-29-2013, 04:35 PM

What an awesome piece. Great
post #5 of 16 Old 04-29-2013, 04:46 PM

Mr Aus,

How do you plug your mike into the camera?
post #6 of 16 Old 04-29-2013, 05:45 PM

I have same issue, aabuleil.
post #7 of 16 Old 04-29-2013, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

Offtopic. Put he clip together with excellence. people shaking hands, different scenes. walking. waving. etc.. great job.

Do you think it could be a micro card issue? hitting a certain spot to cause this>

a Slow site is joining and leaving lets make this a better site by staying around and participating.Vsit my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[B]& Youtube channel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

helpful in ways you never know. forgive my working hands I make mistakes...
post #8 of 16 Old 04-30-2013, 12:04 PM

Great video. I never really considered using it for traveling, but rather as a dash mount camera for driving on the road. But your video is really convincing me about the cameras other uses.

How discreet is the camera when you have it with you btw? I would be afraid of it getting stolen when traveling with it.
post #9 of 16 Old 04-30-2013, 07:26 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Cancun Tom
Your vid

Nice video and I feel your pain with the lock ups. Your trip will be one to remember forever thanks for sharing it.
post #10 of 16 Old 05-06-2013, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I'm glad you guys enjoyed the video!

Stopmatuer: I had the camera on a pole most of the time. In dangerous citied we would take it off and keep it hidden.

Quick Update: They said it might be a Memory card error. I don't think it is, because I used to diff cards and had the same issue. I will try to continue my dispute and keep you guys updated...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List