Hero 3 black vs 3+ silver vs 3+ black? - GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 8 Old 02-17-2014, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hero 3 black vs 3+ silver vs 3+ black?

My hero 3 black has been acting up lately, so I'm bringing it back to the store and they're sending it in to get looked at. If they can't fix it I'll get a gift card to the store for the amount I paid. I bought the camera on sale so the gift card would be between $350 and $400. I should also mention that I lost the remote so is it just worth getting the 3+ black or is the silver good enough?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-17-2014, 12:35 PM
Administrator

If you can hold on for a while I'm starting a new series where I will be closely examining the Hero3+ Black and silver cameras - comparing the hardware, the software, and the video and image quality. The most comprehensive review yet!
Coming soon!

See my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Channel for GoPro Reviews & Tips!

post #3 of 8 Old 02-17-2014, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifti View Post
If you can hold on for a while I'm starting a new series where I will be closely examining the Hero3+ Black and silver cameras - comparing the hardware, the software, and the video and image quality. The most comprehensive review yet!
Coming soon!
How soon? I need a camera by march 8 when I'm going to Greece

post #4 of 8 Old 02-17-2014, 04:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semenick96 View Post
How soon? I need a camera by march 8 when I'm going to Greece

Ah sorry won't be done by then - just waiting for some equipment to arrive.

To answer your question though - what will you be using the camera for? What resolution did you generally record at before? Do you actually need a remote?

See my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Channel for GoPro Reviews & Tips!

post #5 of 8 Old 02-17-2014, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifti View Post
Ah sorry won't be done by then - just waiting for some equipment to arrive.

To answer your question though - what will you be using the camera for? What resolution did you generally record at before? Do you actually need a remote?
The remote is great to have and I'll probably end up buying it eventually. I use 1080 30 or 60 fps

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
post #6 of 8 Old 02-17-2014, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator

I have the Hero 3 BE, I am happy. I went on my vacation, it taken me not long to learn the camera, but wished I did certain things a little different? I shot in HD1080P 30f, with video + Photo per 5 secs, if not 10 secs. Not all photos were good.

All scenes day & night did fine. I maybe used 2k, and 4k a few times, to switch back and fourth and fiddle, will be missing some shots. When I had the op, I did that got some 4K shots

I suggest to play around, learn the camera, and not to get it at the last second to try and learn it. Remote I hardly used, gopro App same, only to show the people who stopped me while on my trip.

Wi-Fi is a battery killer, on a trip I also suggest a external battery source, 5000mah or higher, you''ll thank us when not filming or relaxing while on your trip you can recharge while on the road, etc...

Heck Ihear a Gopro hero 4 in the future to be released. Rumors...

a Slow site is joining and leaving lets make this a better site by staying around and participating.Vsit my
[B]& Youtube channel

helpful in ways you never know. forgive my working hands I make mistakes...
post #7 of 8 Old 02-18-2014, 07:21 AM
Contributing Member

Black Edition!

post #8 of 8 Old 02-18-2014, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for all the input!! Today future shop told me that they would just give me a free 3+ black edition so I guess my question is answered

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List