few questions about gopro hero 3+ - GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 02-16-2014, 07:06 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
few questions about gopro hero 3+

hi everybody
i just bought the new Gopro hero3+ black edition.
this is my first gopro camera and i have a few questions for you..
1. i read in alot of forums that gopro hero 3+ have a focus problem that can be fixed by myself
how can i know if i have this problem also.. i asking that is it a collective problem or just for few people ?
2. what video Resolution and fps do you recomend to film with ? (1080 60/720 120 / superview / or less /higfhter then this ) ? if someone can also tell my about the Differences it will be great!

3. when i export the movie to the computer (after gopro studio 2.0) i also cant see such a good quality like i see on the gopro videos on the net...is someone can Recommend me about how to do this ?

thanks alot , david.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-16-2014, 08:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_rev View Post
hi everybody
i just bought the new Gopro hero3+ black edition.
this is my first gopro camera and i have a few questions for you..
1. i read in alot of forums that gopro hero 3+ have a focus problem that can be fixed by myself
how can i know if i have this problem also.. i asking that is it a collective problem or just for few people ?
If you camera came with the v1.04 firmware then you camera should be OK.
Best way to check is to take an image of brickwork 30yds away and see how clear the bricks are.
Seriously, I think the issue was blown out of proportion. Just take video and see what you think. If the image is good then cool. If not contact GoPro, or see my YouTube videos if you feel like refocusing the camera yourself (link in sig)

Quote:
2. what video Resolution and fps do you recomend to film with ? (1080 60/720 120 / superview / or less /higfhter then this ) ? if someone can also tell my about the Differences it will be great!
Depends on what you are filming. Have a read through this for resolution settings:
http://abekislevitz.com/understanding-your-new-gopro/

Quote:
3. when i export the movie to the computer (after gopro studio 2.0) i also cant see such a good quality like i see on the gopro videos on the net...is someone can Recommend me about how to do this ?

thanks alot , david.
Again, depends on filming conditions, lighting, subject etc.
GoPro videos are probably shot in Protune, which is raw videos and requires post editing to set colour balances etc. It gives you an idea of what is possible with the camera - doesn't mean thats what you get every time. It depends on various factors as stated above.

Feel free to browse my YouTube videos (link below) for tips and tricks, and to get to know your camera better

See my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Channel for GoPro Reviews & Tips!

post #3 of 5 Old 02-16-2014, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
thanks !

thanks Ifti !!
i didn't expect for such a good explanation and fast comment !! thanks

Last edited by david_rev; 02-16-2014 at 04:26 PM.

post #4 of 5 Old 02-17-2014, 06:13 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I have only one more question ..
I didn't understand yet what is the best way and quality to film a slow motion clip..
And i mean to the resolution, fps and w/m/n mode..
I want to take a video clip, edit with after effect twixtor slow motion like i see in youtube.
Thanks again
David.
post #5 of 5 Old 02-17-2014, 08:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_rev View Post
I have only one more question ..
I didn't understand yet what is the best way and quality to film a slow motion clip..
And i mean to the resolution, fps and w/m/n mode..
I want to take a video clip, edit with after effect twixtor slow motion like i see in youtube.
Thanks again
David.
For slow-mo you need PLENTY of good light. The more light the better the end result will be since the frames will be captured very fast, hence you need more light into the camera to get clear frames.
Also keep camera VERY steady - use a tripod for best results.

At 1080p you can choose 60fps.
At 720p you can go up to 120fps.

Would probably be better to go with medium FOV.

So, light, steadiness, and medium FOV with your chosen resolution should be ideal.

See my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Channel for GoPro Reviews & Tips!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List