Just purchased the GoPro and have a few questions observations - GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 2 Old 01-21-2013, 08:19 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Just purchased the GoPro and have a few questions observations

Ok, so I bought this camera at Target, after seeing that almost all the You tube vids are being recorded with this camera, and to be honest Im a little dissapointed. I will however give it a try before I return it.

1. I cant believe that when you buy the camera , you have to pay 80 more bucks to have a touch screen to view your vids on the camera, I dont see how you could even use this camera without it, so right off the bat, thats BS.

2. No zoom??? are you kidding me?? BS again

3. Everything, ,, I mean everything you record comes out like your in a fish bowl, not cool.. there should be an option where that feature can be disabled, but of course there is not. You actually have to load software and do it that way on your computer, thats BS

4. the whole idea of this camera from what I see is to use it in extreme situations and I get that, so, with that said,, you have to buy !! addtional mounts,,, ??? again BS

5. Besides all this, I believe that it is a well made product and if they would spend a little less on the packaging maybe they can afford to give the buyer a little more in terms of realistic usability.

it may be a generational thing, but

6. No directions? you have to download them???? come on......

7. And then right off the bat I see a piece of paper in the box says that before I use it I have to perform some type of update from the internet.

again,,,,BS

any thoughts?? let me have em

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-26-2013, 11:53 AM

Sounds more like you want a

Sounds more like you want a normal video camera recorder. Why did you buy an action camera?

1. The camera is first of all a fire and forget camera. You start it and let it record. Usually it is mounted somewhere where you would not be able to see the LCD anyway. And it is not designed to give you the option look how the last taken photo is. It is built to be small. The optional LCD is for user who need a LCD screen. Most users don't. The purpose is not to hold the camera in your hand.

2. Digital zoom would be pointless. If you really need to zoom a computer does it 1000% better. A optical zoom is more or less technically impossible in this size. And how do you zoom when it is mounted on your head for example? Again the purpose is not to hold the camera in your hand.

3. Yes, it is a wide lens. It should be. Why? Because it is a fire and forget camera. The whole point is to be able to record video very close to the action. The wide lens also gives you the ability to record without looking in a viewfinder and still capture the action. You can select different modes that minimizes the wide angle. But it is technically impossible to disable "the wide feature" in a wide lens. Again the purpose is not to hold the camera in your hand.

4. Yes, the mounts are expensive. I would and never will pay that amount of money for plastic, so I buy third party mounts from China or make my own.

7. I agree. The camera should not have been released. It was buggy, incomplete and rushed out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List