Hero 3 Silver - not recording...files corrupt? - GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 Old 01-17-2013, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hero 3 Silver - not recording...files corrupt?

So i'm thinking it's probably the cheap SDmini card i bought through ebay, BUT - it was a class 10 - 32GB card so i figured it'd be fine. After I've formatted it, I left the Go Pro on and did a time lapse over night. When i got in the following day it only recorded half of the time lapse and corrupted the rest of the files. That was the first issue. So I cleared the pics, and re-formatted again. Then i took a few videos and when i went to check them - one of them didn't even show up. It said i was recording but apparently nothing recorded....and the first video i recorded, about 10 seconds through it stops...then the computer freaks out and says the data can't be read and gives me an error and kicks my go pro off the computer. At that point i can't turn off the Go Pro or do anything with it unless I remove the battery and hit the power button. I'm guessing, or i read somewhere maybe the buffer or cache size on the SD card I got is just crap and or is filling up? Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on what it might be??

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-17-2013, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
update - so i tried another

update - so i tried another micro SD card and the same problem happened. The file was corrupt. Going to try and do another update on the Go Pro through the website if i can...
post #3 of 4 Old 01-17-2013, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
so I called them and we did a

so I called them and we did a manual firmware update...what i didn't do the first time was re-format the card AFTER i did the firmware update. I just opened the card on my desktop and removed the old files. You shouldn't have to do that. After a reformat your card should be clean as a whistle.

Did a min. video test and it seems to be working fine again. I'll take another 25 min. on my commute home today to test it out but for anyone else with this problem that's how i fixed it, hope it helps.

post #4 of 4 Old 04-14-2013, 01:43 PM

Im having the same problem with my silver, has it fixed the issue? how did you do the manual firmware update? any chance of a step by step of what you done if it work..

Cheers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List