GoPro Hero 3 crackling/static sound in a vehicle. Even out of the clear case and held in hand. - Page 3 - GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 129 Old 01-23-2013, 01:00 AM

Thanks for supplying your

Thanks for supplying your inputs as well, will have a look at the videos when I am at home and have sound.

The most I could get out of the support is that this is the acceptable level of performance, but any further request for information just results in a reply that that request more videos to close the matter. What will undoubtedly happen I will send more videos and will then be informed that the camera is working as it should.......hmm this seems strangely familiar somehow, oh yes now I remember, this would be what happened in the first couple of emails...duh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 129 Old 01-23-2013, 02:17 AM

This is crap, we need to have

Here are many scenarios that show its the camera

(also does it in a stock Mazda 3) no bass at all...

post #23 of 129 Old 01-23-2013, 04:02 PM

Ya I have been trying to

Ya I have been trying to contact them because I know people with the silver that DONT have this issue so why does mine (the two ive had) do it and not theres? Idk im going to swap it out one last time and am hoping that will solve the problem!

post #24 of 129 Old 01-23-2013, 04:04 PM

Haha ya ive read that you

Haha ya ive read that you have had trouble from tech support/customer service. Its just weird that some of the Silvers work just fine in the same scenarios as what mines in and makes different recordings...
post #25 of 129 Old 01-23-2013, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
You guys want to try

You guys want to try something stupid? This is so dumb.....put tape over the two mic holes....I used scotch tape and just enough to cover the mic holes. While this did not cure it completely it did knock down the static by at least 50%. I still get static when i hit bumps and really rough road, but maybe different tape or thicker tape could be even better. **** you ghetto GoPro....I hate you.
post #26 of 129 Old 01-23-2013, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
post #27 of 129 Old 01-24-2013, 07:00 PM

haha I thought the problem

haha I thought the problem mite be electrical interference and tried this just for the **** of it...

http://s142.beta.photobucket.com/use...3418b.jpg.html

BUT here is my third go pro, cant test it for the noise/static now! Because it wont stay on

post #28 of 129 Old 01-25-2013, 02:08 AM

HD2 fix, might work on HD3

Hey guys,

I dont' have a Hero3 but the Hero2's had a pretty annoying rattle as well. It turns out it in the case of the HD2 was coming from INSIDE the camera. Anyway here's a post that I found that details the problem and a fix (for the HD2). FWIW the hardest part was getting the rear sticker off.

[url]http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f429/gopro-2-internal-rattle-fix-101001/[/url]

Here's a before and after vid of someone who did the "fix" on a HD2.

[url]http://youtu.be/X7_PmpUy2ac[/url]

Here's a quick/easy way to test if its coming from inside the camera. Hold the camera in your hand, start recording, and then shake it around. Playback the video. If you hear crackling/rattling, it's probably do to something like what's listed above (loose power button/tail on the record button). This guy did it here and it sounds like its internal..

post #29 of 129 Old 01-27-2013, 03:40 PM

My GoPro H3 BE has the noise

My GoPro H3 BE has the noise inside my truck.

Here is the break down:
Inside Truck/truck on = static (no matter what mount, even just letting is set on the seat in ANY mount/case)
Inside Truck/truck on = static (setting on seat with no case, and just holding it still in my hand)

Inside Truck/truck off = no static (in any combination of cases/no case, mount no mount)

Outside truck/ truck on or off = no static (in any combination of cases/no case, mount no mount)

There is no possible way this static is not due to the camera and some kind of electrical interference of some kind. It's no because of the nose from the vehicle!
post #30 of 129 Old 01-27-2013, 08:51 PM

castellscl- i thought it mite

castellscl- i thought it mite from the alternator or ignition of my car. But watch this at 3:05.... the car is off and still does it

WillC310- this has nothing to do with any rattles from anything because you can shake your camera and it doesn't make a noise on the go pro 3 silvers, also does it when stationary

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List