GoPro Hero 3 crackling/static sound in a vehicle. Even out of the clear case and held in hand. - Page 13 - GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #121 of 129 Old 08-02-2013, 03:00 PM
Contributing Member

Did you just scrape getting off your driveway? Glad to hear this problem has been finally fixed.. Good stuff GoPro

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 129 Old 08-04-2013, 02:54 PM

gopro hero 3 silver low audio

greetings I want to tell my problem concerning the audio silver gopro hero 3 the problem is that before the last update the audio was recorded very well and clear now after the latest firmware update v HD3.02.03.00 camera records audio too low as if the update would have lowered the mic volume and manually install it but does not address someone comment if I upgrade after the last update to had this problem too?
post #123 of 129 Old 08-05-2013, 10:06 AM

Updated my H3 silver to the latest update and the volume has also reduced, but this has fixed my problem of the crackling/static that I was getting when mounted on or in a vehicle. Not worried about the reduced volume but very happy that bloody annoying crackling has gone.
Also updated the app on the iPhone and that seams to be working better, but I do like it very much that I can now watch my videos on the iPhone.

Thumbs up to GoPro for these updates as I was starting to dislike my GoPro, now I like it again.

post #124 of 129 Old 08-05-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theStig View Post
Did you just scrape getting off your driveway? Glad to hear this problem has been finally fixed.. Good stuff GoPro
Yes, It is a very low Porsche 930 with chin spoiler. I usually hit it at an angle but sometimes like in this video, I get lazy.
post #125 of 129 Old 08-05-2013, 08:57 PM

such then I was fine with the latest update of your audio camera with respect to a question on a scale of 1 to 10 how small the audio stayed because mine was reduced to 3 need to turn up to the maximum to my pc to listen, for your comment thanks
post #126 of 129 Old 08-05-2013, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirama100 View Post
such then I was fine with the latest update of your audio camera with respect to a question on a scale of 1 to 10 how small the audio stayed because mine was reduced to 3 need to turn up to the maximum to my pc to listen, for your comment thanks
I need to turn my volume up to full on the PC also but that is ok with me as the crackling noise seams to have stopped.
post #127 of 129 Old 08-07-2013, 01:23 AM

I had the crackling sound problem when I first used my Hero 3 Black. I did the last upgrade in June and was very pleased to find that the sound was fixed. I have just done the latest upgrade and the crackling has come back. Very disappointing.

Mike
post #128 of 129 Old 05-06-2015, 08:14 PM

New to the forums.

I have the 3 black and use it in my car quite often. I have found that when playing back on iMovie, mine has a crackle. I did the update yesterday to the newest version and its still there. Considering the price of GoPro's I would of expected better quality. I definitely seems to be when the car is moving as when stood still, theres nothing but silence, but as soon as I move, the crackling starts. Radio is ofin the car so it wouldnt be that. I have tried different type of cases and nothing helps.
post #129 of 129 Old 05-26-2015, 11:17 AM

I doubt it is any electrical interference. It is the movement. Anyone tried using H3W at the golf course. Had it mounted at the folded windshield of the golf cart with the suction system. Playback was irritating. We live near the California Highway Patrol academy and occasionally, they fire their weapons at the range; all of them at the same time, so it sounds like loud crackling. The playback I heard from my laptop speakers sounded exactly the same, only much louder. I did find the crackling is only there when the cart is moving, nothing when stationary.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List