Hero 3 Silver : Troubles recording and many SD ERR - GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 Old 01-10-2013, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hero 3 Silver : Troubles recording and many SD ERR

Hello

I'm a newbie here and I'll take time to introduce myself. So I got a GoPro 3 Silver a few days ago and I am having many problems shooting.

I am more a photo person than a video person but I love the GoPro and I am planning a trip.

I've noticed several problems :
- with ProTune and 11Mpix/Wide, there's very often a corrupted file. A video of 2 minutes is gonna need repair and the repair never works.
- I can record 2 minutes then the video stops by itself and records 1 second there and 1 second here. It's very annoying, I have 0 control on the camera.
- the SD (the one GoPro recommends) needs format 50% of the time, meaning it blocks for a repair, doesn't succeed and need a format (usually SD ERR).

Sorry for the bad english...

Do you guys have noticed something similar ?

I have formatted the card via the GoPro and my Mac (FAT, just like I read on the forum).

I don't know what to do and I can't record more than 2 minutes even with a lower resolution.

Thanks for your help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-11-2013, 05:09 AM

ive got the BE and had issues

ive got the BE and had issues similar, you need to use a class 10 sd card...assuming you are, try deleting everything from the card, putting it in another camera and recording with it then delete the footage from the card again and put it back in the gopro and start recording....so far i havent had any issues, let us know how it goes
post #3 of 6 Old 01-11-2013, 06:16 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I'll try that but I need to

I'll try that but I need to figure out how to use the microSD... I work with 5DMarkII (CompactFlash).

I've formatted 4 times the microSD card yesterday (twice with my macbook, twice with the GoPro). This morning, the video stopped after 2 minutes. Then 1 sec, and 1 sec, and a 4th one have a 30 seconds video.

Weird...

Thanks for your help

post #4 of 6 Old 01-11-2013, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
yep... still not working...

yep... still not working... maybe it's because it's a micro sd 8GB class 10. i've ordered a 32go class 10.

here's link of a capture of the files on my go pro : [url]http://hpics.li/83f931a[/url]

if it stays like that with the 32go class 10, i'll try to contact go pro because I don't get it...

Thanks for reading me
post #5 of 6 Old 01-11-2013, 09:14 PM

Just format the card on your

Just format the card on your gopro, this will fix the sd err and recording problems the format menu is in settings under more>trash can>all>yes
post #6 of 6 Old 01-16-2013, 06:03 PM

mitchell898 wrote:Just format

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchell898
Just format the card on your gopro, this will fix the sd err and recording problems the format menu is in settings under more>trash can>all>yes
i think he listed that hed done that mate twice and it hadnt corrected the issue, i also did the same and it didnt correct it, what i did was put the card into another hd camera and recorded with it, then watched the file to see that the sd card wasnt the issue, deleted the recordings and put it straight back into the gopro without formatting it and started recording...not a problem since, so it seems the unit was having an issue with the card that needed to work itself out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List