Hero3 Black with Battery Bacpac not connecting to iPhone (unable to turn on app in-camera) - GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 2 Old 12-27-2012, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hero3 Black with Battery Bacpac not connecting to iPhone (unable to turn on app in-camera)

Hi all, my first post here.

I updated the software on my Black Edition and was able to connect to my iPhone rather easily. I followed the update instructions
and created a network/password for the camera, then went to iPhone wi-fi settings and typed in the GoPro info and was able
to control the camera. I bought a battery backpack and ever since I have been unable to connect to the phone. When I access
the wi-fi setting on the GP I see the option for wi-fi or GoPro app, but when I select "app" I see the antenna icon blink a couple
of times and then the camera switches back to video mode and when I check the setting again it shows that wi-fi is off.
I unplugged the bacpac and I'm still unable to make wi-fi stay on.
Anyone having a similar problem? Do I need to re-install the update to see if it clears andy corrupted files?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-27-2012, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Figured it out

Just had to yank the battery out for a minute and when I put it back in everything worked fine.
If your camera starts acting crazy don't get angry just pull the battery out; most of the little glitches
will have cleared once you pop the battery in and restart the camera.
:bigsmile:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List