Memory card comparison: Hero3 vs. Hero1 - GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 3 Old 12-19-2012, 07:03 AM Thread Starter
Contributing Member

(Thread Starter)
Memory card comparison: Hero3 vs. Hero1

I got thinking about this and until I got to mess with my 3 a little more I got a little confused. I have a 32gig Lexar class 10 I use in my Hero1 and get close to 8 hours on it, now I got a Hero3 and using the same gigabyte memory card I get less time using the same setting. The only difference I saw is that the 3 records only in 60 of 120fps while the 1 only had a 30fps mode. Does that 30fps addition really make that much difference that it cuts the record time in half??? I also checked my settings and the Protune is shut off. Anyone.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-20-2012, 06:15 PM

The Hero3 Black's sensor

The Hero3 Black's sensor captures MUCH more detail everywhere, even in shadows and highlights. More detail = bigger file size. If you're using Protune, it'll cut down even more space by significantly increasing the bitrate for super high quality.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-20-2012, 07:46 PM Thread Starter
Contributing Member

(Thread Starter)
just to reply.....

As in my first letter, I am not using the protune at all and going from over 8 hours to a smidge over 3 is quite a bit to lose.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List