Hero 4 Helicopter noise with WiFi
See my answers in red.
First of all I would like to point out that the way GoPro have handled this issue is absolutely disgusting and unprofessional. If you use the remote app to record having the WiFi switched on causes a loud and obtrusive noise similar to a helicopter to be recorded for the entire duration of the video ruining the sound. So GoPro I would like to make a few points to you on this you should bare in mind as you are not above the law certainly not in the UK where I reside. This forum is not controlled by or owned by Gopro. It is an enthusiast forum
1. The camera is designed to be used this way, it is a feature you promote telling people not to use it to record is unacceptable. When were you told this and by whom?
2. From the research I have done into this it an inherant fault as a result of the poor copper shielding in the camera. Those that have experienced "helicopter noise" have confirmed this
3. It cannot be fixed by a software update True
4. Telling people to exchange the camera will do no good as the new one will carry the exact same fault.
Not true in all cases, we have had members that persevered and succeeded
Now here's the big one
5. Here in the UK we have very strong laws to control this kind of avoiding responsibility. Do not worry about the standard warranty or anything GoPro tell you on this as here in the UK you have 7yrs to claim so long as a fault was inbuilt at the factory, yes 7 yrs not 1 or even 2 but 7 and the evidence is there to show this fact, plus the fact GoPro are aware of this but have chosen to do nothing but fob of customers is not acceptable or legal here in the UK. Perhaps you should start legal action on behalf of the greater good
I am interested to know what GoPro have to say about this as it is my intention to inform trading standards and all other relevent authorities that they are knowingly selling a defective product at the expense of the consumer, I also intend to instruct my solicitor to start legal proceedings to recover all lost cost including failed filming trips ruined by this fact. I await the response. Again, we are an enthusiast forum that is not owned by or controlled by Gopro
In short if you are new here DO NOT BUY A HERO 4 they are all defective, GoPro know this and are doing nothing, absolutely nothing about it. Making a blanket statement like this is just going to cause you embarrassment. Many of us have had excellent customer relations experiences with Gopro
Lastly, before you rant make sure you know who you are ranting to. While we understand why you are ranting it doesn't help your cause to do it on this forum. We control nothing that Gopro does. I would advise you to do your homework and find the Gopro Forums on their website and try again.
Last edited by Dr. Z; 10-08-2016 at 10:55 AM.