Charging while in recording - GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By rhchan84

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 04-20-2017, 03:29 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Charging while in recording

I like to use my GoPro Hero5 Black or Hero5 Session while driving or flying as a pax on planes. I noticed that while recording, the battery does not seem to charge or at least power the cameras while recording. Is this a fact or am I just missing something? My, now broken Hero4 Silver, DID charge (or at least power the camera) while recording.

Thx!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-21-2017, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbrds View Post
I like to use my GoPro Hero5 Black or Hero5 Session while driving or flying as a pax on planes. I noticed that while recording, the battery does not seem to charge or at least power the cameras while recording. Is this a fact or am I just missing something? My, now broken Hero4 Silver, DID charge (or at least power the camera) while recording.

Thx!
I have used a portable power supply connected while recording and it works well. Never tried AC power yet.

HERO 5 BLACK
post #3 of 5 Old 04-21-2017, 04:10 PM
Contributing Member

i use a 5 Black & Session in the car, & seem to charge ok from the usb while recording

post #4 of 5 Old 04-21-2017, 08:44 PM
Valued Member

You need a powerful charger to record and charge at the same time. All my wall plains are 2.4Amps and it charges while records.
smoothbassman likes this.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-23-2017, 12:23 AM

You need a high power charger. Get an Aukey SMART charger. It will send the maximum power to the device to charge the battery as well as run the recording.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List