Use my GoPro to spy on my dog - GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 2 Old 05-09-2017, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Use my GoPro to spy on my dog

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if it is A) possible; and B) HOW to connect my old HERO 3+ to my home wifi so I can spy on when my dog gets on the couch.

The dog is a hunting dog who is trained partially through use of a shock collar (please no silly comments on this method, trust me, it ensures his SAFETY in the field) and I want to be able to correct this behavior at the appropriate moment-- IE: when he begins to step up on to the couch. The problem is that he knows better than to do it when I am home, so I have to pretend to leave the house, go around the block, and be able to watch and apply the corrective signal. The exact moment is the key here; it would be unfair to randomly apply correction once he has been napping on the couch all day because he would not associate the behavior/correction properly (information/disclaimer for any PETA members out there wanting to troll this forum).

Is it possible to connect the GOPRO to our home wifi, so that I might be able to observe at a greater length than the GOPRO's wifi permits? I have tried multiple times with just my phone & the GOPRO connected in the normal fashion, but I can't get far enough away for the dog to think I'm gone and proceed with his couch mounting.... :/ Dog is too smart for his own good, LOL.

MANY THANKS EVERYONE!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-09-2017, 08:07 PM

Buy a wifi ip camera for about 30 bucks off amazon then watch all the time. Some of them will let you talk to your dog also and have motion detection.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List