Go Pro Hero3 Black Vs Silver? - GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
#1 Old 04-13-2013, 02:04 PM

(Thread Starter)
Go Pro Hero3 Black Vs Silver?

Hey guys just wanted to get some input from everyone here as I am part of many forums and the wealth of knowledge is the best here . I just am about to pick up a go pro and have a few questions. I am going to use this camera for taking videos of it on my SRT8 jeep at the track and road, and also racing my RXP jet ski on the lake. Heres my question:

I am not going to take any really crazy fancy videos and most of mine will be for sounds.

Is it worth to save 100 bucks and buy a silver edition instead of black if I am not making like pro grade videos? I really want something to get a quality video but not like professional level or anything now, can pick up a black later if thats the case and I get into it a ton.

I have seen a few videos online comparing the silver and black and the differences did not seem too be too huge?

Any responses welcome and glad to be part here, cant wait to contribute more!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-13-2013, 02:13 PM

Once you go black...
#3 Old 04-13-2013, 02:15 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotim View Post
Once you go black...
haha so I've heard and knew that comment would be made haha.
#4 Old 04-14-2013, 09:08 PM

(Thread Starter)
anybody else have experience? gotta be someone who had a silver and went to a black, or is perfect with their silver
#5 Old 04-17-2013, 01:02 PM

(Thread Starter)
anybodyyyy? haha
#6 Old 04-17-2013, 04:14 PM

no, just me and you know my answer ;-) I really really really love my Black, I want to marry it
#7 Old 04-17-2013, 04:15 PM

(Thread Starter)
hahah ok turbo tim haha, what do you use your gopro for primarily?
#8 Old 04-17-2013, 07:49 PM

There you go, and now get that silver out of your head ;-)

#9 Old 04-18-2013, 05:04 AM

I've just bought black, simply because it's about the same price as silver + the remote, which comes with the black. I will use it for whitewater canoeing, so if it's mounted at the end of the boat, I'll need the remote, guess it depends on where you're going to mount it.
#10 Old 05-22-2013, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slink View Post
I've just bought black, simply because it's about the same price as silver + the remote, which comes with the black. I will use it for whitewater canoeing, so if it's mounted at the end of the boat, I'll need the remote, guess it depends on where you're going to mount it.
thats a good point. I kayak and didn't think hard enough when I bought my silver just a few days ago. what also made me choose the silver was that I was reading that the black was having freezing up problems. so now I am hoping the silver will meet my needs which are limited at best.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List