Best Free video editing software? - GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
#1 Old 02-03-2013, 12:35 PM

(Thread Starter)
Best Free video editing software?

Hey Guys,

New here and just purchased my Hero 3. Was just curious to see if there is any decent video editing software available for free download?

I'm a bit of an amateur at editing so just wanted to try my hand at something free first before maybe purchasing something.

:bigsmile:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-03-2013, 12:54 PM

AVS is not half bad!

AVS is not half bad!

http://www.avs4you.com/
#3 Old 02-03-2013, 01:53 PM

What are you on mac or pc

What are you on mac or pc
#4 Old 02-03-2013, 03:32 PM

Free Software

Hi,

My first post on this forum.

I find KDEnlive a wonderful piece of software. Works with Linux.
I use Fedora 18. If you like it well enough and don't have Linux
It can be run from a LIVE CD/DVD on your windows machine.

http://www.kdenlive.org/

#5 Old 02-06-2013, 04:10 PM

Hey man.. I'm a bit of an

Hey man.. I'm a bit of an amateur myself and found this to be a helpful start: http://www.real.com/resources/free-v...iting-software It explains what fundamental features to be looking for in free video editing software and will help guide you in your search depending on what your level of expertise is and what you want the software to do. Hope it helps.
#6 Old 05-21-2013, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jutman14 View Post
Hey Guys,

New here and just purchased my Hero 3. Was just curious to see if there is any decent video editing software available for free download?

I'm a bit of an amateur at editing so just wanted to try my hand at something free first before maybe purchasing something.

:bigsmile:
decent free video editing software I would recommend Window Movie Maker.

gogo, live your life to the fullest and learn the magic cut.
#7 Old 05-21-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amenda8998 View Post
decent free video editing software I would recommend Window Movie Maker.
Yup, movie maker is a good, free, intuitive piece of kit. If you want something more powerful and enjoy editing/learning the software, try some of the trial versions of say powerdirector or sony Vegas, etc. I'm using powerdirector11 (64 bit) and enjoying learning it. It's as powerful as your creativity allows.
#8 Old 05-21-2013, 09:20 PM

Greetings! I have been using Sony Vegas Studio Platinum 12, it comes with DVD architect studio. There is a free trial on line and cost is just under $100. I have made 90 min DVD's with it and it works well for amateurs, I am one too with both the camera and the Vegas. But the movies came out really well. I haven't used any other programs to compare it to, but it was easy to learn and work with built in tutorials. If your not making DVD's it may not be useful to you??? If you are then check out the free trial version.
#9 Old 06-04-2013, 12:41 AM

Tracking as no posts here in ten days...
#10 Old 06-28-2013, 03:01 AM

if you're a mac user, why not try iMovie, super cool video effects to add to make your videos stunning.

If you're a win users, then I'm gonna say that Windows Movie Maker is the most decent among all the free video editors/

I always want to know how professional film makers learn how to make videos, at school or by themselves?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List