No Serial Number - GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
#1 Old 01-27-2013, 07:16 AM

(Thread Starter)
No Serial Number

When attempting to update and register manually I discovered that my serial number is missing from the left side wall of the battery compartment... Any Ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-31-2013, 01:57 AM

(Thread Starter)
Solved and sorted

So I've not got a serial number in the bat compartment of my H3SE and my computer couldn't detect my camera for the update so I sent many emails to GP and kept getting automated responses saying do it manually... Duhh I have no Serial Number! I sent another email and the automated response from them was step by step instructions to install manually using the serial number and a little blurb at the end saying you should have a serial number....! No Sh*t Sherlock...! GoPro support was getting me nowhere so I googled what does the H3SE serial number look like? and googs gave me an example so I went back to GP site and manually updated and registered my H3SE with a bullsh*t made up serial number using the first few correct letters and it worked no problems at all. I then emailed GP Support and told them of the dodgyness in my updating using a made up serial number because they neglected to put one on my camera and they thought it to be fine and thanked me for the feedback. Finally GoPro support were supportive. arty:
#3 Old 10-17-2014, 04:15 PM

1. I see no serial number inside my battery compartment
2. i forgot the password to my gopro 3+ wifi how can I reset the password and create a new one
#4 Old 10-18-2014, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator

Read the manual on the gph4 pressing cams buttons is going to be what you may have to do. try the Wi-Fi button. the answer will be there

PRO TIP: If you forgot your camera’s name or password, you can

reset them to the defaults. With the camera powered on, press and

hold the Settings/Tag button [ ]. Two seconds later, press and

release the Power/Mode button [ ]. Release the Settings/Tag

button [ ]. From the Wi-Fi reset menu, select Reset. The default

password is goprohero.

Proud Sponsors of Cyberlink Power Director 12 Feiyu-tech. Stevesdigiforums Xshot.com Dealextreme, Smatree Youtube Channel I be proud to Review just pm

helpful in ways you never know. forgive my working hands I make mistakes...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List