3D system for GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition - GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
#1 Old 01-01-2013, 02:08 PM

(Thread Starter)
3D system for GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition

At the time of writing, the 3d hero system on GoPro's web site only refers to the hero and hero 2, but not the hero 3 models.

Does anybody know why, does anybody know if the 3d system is compatible with the hero 3 or if it is not, if a new system is being released?

Or are GoPro working on a new dual lense camera?

I was about to order 2 x hero 3 black edition cameras and the 3d system - having recently purchased a 3d projector so obviously don't want to invest a small fortune in 2 cameras if they are not 3d compatible. This is currently a show stopper so would be very grateful for feedback/advice.

Thanks
Colin

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-02-2013, 02:23 PM

Not released yet. Looks like

Not released yet. Looks like they did have something 3D going on in their promo vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...XmYoF5U#t=240s

Doubt the final product will look anything like that, though.

Here's my basic attempt at a 3D rig:
http://chrisfiorephotography.com/blo...d/_DSC9539.jpg

V2.0 will be built this weekend. Much more lightweight and compact, with access to all buttons.
#3 Old 01-04-2013, 09:32 AM

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the comments. I

Thanks for the comments.

I did post this question to GoPro direct and have had a response saying "As of now, there is still no 3D Hero System for the HERO3's. This is something that is being developed by our engineering/development team and hopefully will be released in the near future.".

Very vague on timescales & certainty of whether or not it will be released for the hero 3, so I'll hold until it is announced before buying the 2x black editions, just in case they instead release a dedicated 3d version with a dual lens later in the year (not that they made any suggestion to that effect but you never know)..
#4 Old 01-04-2013, 09:33 AM

(Thread Starter)
Response from GoPro on 3D for Hero 3

Thanks for the comments.

I did post this question to GoPro direct and have had a response saying "As of now, there is still no 3D Hero System for the HERO3's. This is something that is being developed by our engineering/development team and hopefully will be released in the near future.".

Very vague on timescales & certainty of whether or not it will be released for the hero 3, so I'll hold until it is announced before buying the 2x black editions, just in case they instead release a dedicated 3d version with a dual lens later in the year (not that they made any suggestion to that effect but you never know)..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List