how many hours to charge my battery - GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
#1 Old 12-30-2012, 11:57 PM

(Thread Starter)
how many hours to charge my battery

Ive charged this like forever, dont get a flashing light on the back or constant light, u just see the USB Icon and the 3 blinking bars for charging, , never progresses, as if it doesnt tell it its charged, the wireless charge ??? I use my Ipone to talk to it, its better then the wirless that came with it, , just need to figure out if the hype is all what it is , is really there, maybe the Hero 2 has less bugs and problems, cant get through the menue without it fresszing form time to time, and if your old like me, the type, or font is so small... is this a covert camera or what????
it gets hot the camera while charging, I just recieved it in the mail. freeze, yes, pull battery, yes, what else is new, is this a bad buy?? i got 28 days left to decide,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-31-2012, 12:20 AM

just make sure the go pro

just make sure the go pro unit is turned off before you charge using the usb. the red light goes on to indicate it is charging and goes off when fully charged.
#3 Old 12-31-2012, 02:13 AM

Battery

I'm seeing the same behavior, I'm also seeing that as soon as I turn the camera on see 3 bars (full charge) in like 90 seconds it is down to 2 bars. Like the last guys said, turn it off, then plug it in and you'll see the red light for charging.

For my Hero2 I never keep charged batteries in the unit because I always find dead batteries and so the only way to make sure I have fully charged batteries is if they are kept outside of the camera between uses. May have to do the same for the new H3.
#4 Old 12-31-2012, 09:23 PM

are you refering to the

are you refering to the internal battery or the bacpac? i just bought the bacpac, and it's been plugeed into the compter for 6 hours, and it's still showing two basr flashing, red light on.. how long is it supposed to charge?
#5 Old 12-31-2012, 11:55 PM

Battery

Just referring to the internal battery, there is a great forum thread on how long to expect batteries to charge. Look for it in the GPH3 section and it has a ton of comments and views so should be easy to spot. Basically at .5 amps it will take a long time . You can try to use a 1.0a charger like from an iPad and it may go faster. But check with the responses on that thread for all the details.
#6 Old 01-01-2013, 12:02 AM

weedsnager wrote:are you

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedsnager
are you refering to the internal battery or the bacpac? i just bought the bacpac, and it's been plugeed into the compter for 6 hours, and it's still showing two basr flashing, red light on.. how long is it supposed to charge?
im not sure how long to charge the bacpac but the internal battery took about 3 hours to fully charge using the usb. try to use a wall charger to lessen the charging time.
#7 Old 01-01-2013, 11:47 PM

Battery

Hi have just unpacked my Go Pro hero 3 and found the battery charged in 2hrs using my smart phone wall charger.
if this helps, I gave up using the usb through computer it never charged to full capacity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List