GoPro Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

how much does the memory card class matter?

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  turbotim 
#1 ·
I'm a newbie. I have a class 4 now and all my videos are crap...even at low resolution.

I have a class 10 on the way, and I'm hoping that solves my problems.

Any guides for newbies such as myself? I have a hero3 silver.

Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
So how can you tell the class?

Hi everyone > > not trying to highjack the thread here but (as a new user) I've got the same questions. I looked at ScanDisk for microSD, SDHC, and SCXC cards & can't find a speed rating on them anywhere, not can I find a definition for what the different letter designators mean. Help?

highspeedphoto said:
As you go up in class size of the card, the faster it writes the information to the card. My arsenal of cards range from class 2's up to 10's.

#4 ·
The class number is pretty

The class number is pretty much the max write speed of the card in megabytes. Be aware that even though they're rated, not many cards actually can sustain those speeds. Sandisk is probably the most reliable manufacturer out there. These are the cards that GoPro suggest:
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=SanDisk+Ultra+microsd[/ame]

#5 ·
look for a little circle....

On most cards, there is a little circle with a number in it, which is the class of the card. At most camera stores a good salesman will be able to help you out, unless you are buying them online and I know that places like b&h photo in New York city are very good at telling you the speeds of the cards. I hope this helps.

#6 ·
Memory problems

I recently went skiing for the day and used the gopro helmet mount. To save battery and make things easier I set the gopro on one button mode. I recorded videos all day and listened for the beeps to indicate recording. Also the red indicator light was on when I was recording. I did not run out of battery and it is the first time using my gopro and memory card which is a sandisk 16gb and is recommended by gopro. When I got home to check the footage, only the last eight minute video had saved as "video 34" (so I know the others were recorded) and there is no sign of any other videos. Like I said this is my first time using the gopro, does anyone know what I did wrong, or if there are any formatting settings I need to change? Going on a ski trip soon so I need help ASAP! Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.