Hook up to motorbike battery - GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By ADulay

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 Old 10-29-2016, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hook up to motorbike battery

Well, fedup of cars pulling out on me, just had a taxi miss me by about an inch, need get a camera mounted to my helmet!

The only issue with GoPro cameras is that the battery isn't the best, especially if using the button/app as well.

I have seen that you can get 3rd party leads to hook it directly to my battery to power it whilst my bike is running, however I want it waterproof really, to a point. Can anyone recommend a good offical/3rd party case I can put my Hero 4 in to protect it from rain but allow me to plugin the microUSB to charge it whilst riding?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-30-2016, 06:40 AM
Super Moderator

Please do tell what other camera's are better that I love to hear? not defending gopro, just looking t see why you think that.
If I were to record and just for that I get myself a much smaller camera and power bank nothing to large. cause the Mobius action cam is by far Better with a 320mah-520 mah battery inside. not a hero 4 and a 1100mah so yeah I like to hear it.

Proud Sponsors of Cyberlink Power Director 12 Feiyu-tech. NewMawah,, Magix
Vsit my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
& Youtube channel Follow on Periscope

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

helpful in ways you never know. forgive my working hands I make mistakes...
post #3 of 7 Old 10-30-2016, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Please do tell what other camera's are better that I love to hear? not defending gopro, just looking t see why you think that.
If I were to record and just for that I get myself a much smaller camera and power bank nothing to large. cause the Mobius action cam is by far Better with a 320mah-520 mah battery inside. not a hero 4 and a 1100mah so yeah I like to hear it.
Was only thinking the GoPro as that's what I have got I will have a look into the Mobius ones. Thanks

post #4 of 7 Old 10-30-2016, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyn Lee Ball View Post
Was only thinking the GoPro as that's what I have got I will have a look into the Mobius ones. Thanks
Understood. mobius got a smaller battery but also lesser mbbs. and can be quite consealing when you want to place it somewhere. Even the Keychaim 808 #16 Imagine something so small. running off a powerbank...

Proud Sponsors of Cyberlink Power Director 12 Feiyu-tech. NewMawah,, Magix
Vsit my
& Youtube channel Follow on Periscope

helpful in ways you never know. forgive my working hands I make mistakes...
post #5 of 7 Old 11-30-2016, 01:27 AM

You can also get an extended battery and leave it in your backpack, while charging your GoPro at the same time.

There are battery packs that last for around 4-5 charges, (they are huge) but leaving it in your backpack while connecting it to your GoPro works.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am passionate about the GoProHero 4, Learn More Here.
post #6 of 7 Old 11-30-2016, 07:26 AM
Contributing Member

hooking up to your bike can be done, but to be waterproof will mean alot of messing about with sealed plugs when you get on/off

for example, the only way to get external power into a GoPro & be waterproof is with a battery eliminator cable (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/16227...8622927&crdt=0), you'll still have to waterproof the USB end
post #7 of 7 Old 01-09-2017, 09:46 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to ADulay
I'm currently running a full time GoPro rig on the front of my motorcycle. Ordered up a unit that supplies power to the back of the GoPro through a sealed power plug/USB combination. Waterproof and air tight.

It sits right at the front of the bike under the windshield and runs continuously in the video loop mode until I turn it off.

The bike powers the camera through the USB port and does not require the battery to be in the GoPro.

It's caught some pretty stupid people driving around me for sure.

AD
Fish likes this.

Retired

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List